Friday 19 July 2013

THE SILENT SERVANT

PRAYER MOMENT

Saturday 20 July 2013

THE SILENT SERVANT

Pause. Be still for a moment.

Reading. “He will not brawl or shout, nor will anyone hear his voice in the streets.” (Matt 12:14-21)

Reflection. In the heart of his gospel Matthew quotes a servant song from Isaiah. The messiah will achieve his mission quietly, like leaven. You will not hear his voice. The transformation of my life is hardly noticeable – except perhaps after a long time. You cannot watch the seed grow. But imperceptibly over time my life changes and so does the world.  The reign of God comes quietly and one day we wake up and see the fruits.


Prayer. Grant me the wisdom, Lord, to be patient with myself and with others. On the whole we are all trying to do the best we can. Help us to believe that you are quietly at work in our world. I may live to see change or I may not but change is coming because you are at work. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment