Sunday 28 July 2013

I AM THE RESURRECTION

PRAYER MOMENT
Monday 29 July 2013
I AM THE RESURRECTION
Pause. Allow yourself to enter the quietness within.
Reading. “I am the resurrection. If anyone believes in me, even though he dies he will live.” (John 11:19-27)
Reflection. We owe it to Martha’s, whose feast we keep today, conversation with Jesus that we have these words that are remembered at funerals. “I am the life.” First, the words “I am” are those used to Moses when God reveals his name in the desert. And then the word “life” recapitulates in one word the whole revelation. The context is Martha’s sorrow at the death of her brother Lazarus and a gentle complaint that Jesus didn’t do something to prevent it. The message is Jesus himself gives life and “to the full.”.

Prayer. Almighty Father, we live in charged times, times that give us hope but also are pervaded by dread. Teach us to have confidence that you are at work in everything drawing life out of every situation  because you love us and have sent your Son to lead us along the way of life. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment