Tuesday 9 July 2013

THE KINGDOM OF GOD IS CLOSE.

PRAYER MOMENT

Wednesday 10 July 2013

THE KINGDOM OF GOD IS CLOSE

Pause. Recall that you are in the presence of God.

Reading. “As you go proclaim that the kingdom of God is close at hand.” (Matt 10:1-7)

Reflection. There is evidence in the New Testament that the early church expected Jesus to return in their lifetime and proclaim the kingdom of God. But nothing like that happened. Periodically over the next 2000 years – such as in the years 999 and 1999 – this expectation was revived. But again, here we are. Nothing dramatic has happened. Yet the kingdom – or better the reign or the rule – of God IS close at hand. We are not talking of a particular time but of the breaking in of the divine in people’s lives “every moment and every hour” (Tagoe).   


Prayer. Lord, teach me to welcome your coming – like leaven in the flour – at every moment. Open my heart to welcome your coming into what |I say and what I do, what I think and how I respond. Our Father … may your kingdom come … Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment