Tuesday 2 July 2013

DOUBT NO LONGER

PRAYER MOMENT

Wednesday 3 July 2013

DOUBT NO LONGER

Pause. Go down into the deep well within you.

Reading. “Unless I see the holes that the nails made in his hands … I will not believe.” (John 20:24-29)

Reflection. For some reason John singles out Thomas, whose feast is today, for three mentions in his gospel – none of them complimentary. Thomas seems to have been one of those people who thinks the worst of any situation. This is helpful for us since his eventual act of faith – “My Lord and my God” – is all the more convincing. He went from one extreme to the other. We live in an age of doubt. That is quite healthy in a way as it means people don’t just take things from others without internalising them. But, with Thomas, we are called beyond our doubts to explore further.

Prayer. My Lord and my God, help me to open the door of my heart to your presence. Many things are not clear o me but lead beyond my doubts to the sure rock of my faith in you. Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment