Sunday 14 July 2013

A TIME OF DECISION

PRAYER MOMENT

Monday 15 July 2013

A TIME OF DECISION

Pause. Be still and “know that I am God”.

Reading. “I have come to set a person against his father … and mother.” (Matt 10:34-11:1)

Reflection. We have reached the end of Ch.10 in Matthew. Jesus has been instructing his disciples. Now he asks for a decision. Are you with me, with all the consequences this might bring for you, even in your family relationships? Or are are you going to go your own way? To decide for Jesus has consequences. It may mean confronting someone I love. It may mean abandoning a cherished position I have held for a long time. The call to conversion is insistent and on-going and calls us each day to make decisions – sometimes difficult ones.


Prayer. Lord, I hear your words about choices. I know you call me to a fuller life. But I am weak and find it hard to move. Help me in my weakness to say and do what I know in my heart I am called to – even when it is difficult.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment