Sunday 7 July 2013

PRAYER MOMENT

Monday 8 July 2013

THE FRINGE OF HIS CLOAK

Pause. Take a moment to enter into your own stillness.

Reading. “If I can only touch his cloak I will be well again.” (Matt 9:18-26)

Reflection. When a great tennis player, or any sportsperson, reaches the pinnacle of their ambition through stretching themselves to the limit we are lost for words to describe their achievement. We are lost because we are in a realm beyond words. The human spirit can soar in a million different ways. It is available to each of us. For a moment we touch the fringe of the divine.


Prayer. Lord, teach me to be ambitious for ”the higher gifts” (I Cor 12:31). Teach me to reach out to people with whom I would not normally want to associate. Teach me to enter into my own heart to find the courage to stretch out to the divine. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment