Monday 29 July 2013

A GOD OF TENDERNESS AND COMPASSION

PRAYER MOMENT
Tuesday 30 July 2013
A GOD OF TENDERNESS AND COMPASSION
Pause. Be still.
Reading. “A God of tenderness and compassion, slow to anger, rich in kindness, forgives faults, transgression, sin.” (Exod 33:7-11, 34:5-9,28)
Reflection. This description, found in the account of the intimate “face to face” meeting of God and Moses in the Book of Exodus, is consistent with the picture of  Jesus we have from the gospels. God allows the weed and the good seed to grow together. It is impossible to separate them as they grow and it is impossible for us to fully sort out motivations or the motivations of others for what they or we do. So often it is my kingdom that I seek when I do something good. God looks at us with the tenderness of a mother and with deep compassion and love..

Prayer. Teach me, Lord, to have a heart of compassion for others and also for myself. Give me the wisdom to understand your tenderness despite the often harsh realities of daily life. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment