Monday 8 May 2017

THE WORKS I DO

PRAYER PAUSE        


Tuesday, 9 May 2017


THE WORKS I DO


Pause. Enter into the stillness of God within.


Reading: “I have told you, but you do not believe. The works I do in my Father’s name are my witness.” (John 10:22-30).  



Reflection. I know a man who is as fascinated by our immune system as others are about the stars in the heavens. He finds the system an amazing wonder. And yet it is so hidden. It works while we sleep and even while awake we are not aware. So it is with God; always at work in us and in the world. We see it in the Acts. There is no drum beat but quietly the church spreads from Judea to Cyprus and Antioch and beyond. The ‘media’ of the time was unaware. Little groups formed in the cities round the basin of the Mediterranean. And the work continues today. But we can be aware of it and give our energy and attention to its growth in ourselves and in the world.   

Prayer. Lord, help us to be attentive to your work in us and in the world around us.  Amen.






























No comments:

Post a Comment