Sunday 28 May 2017

I HAVE CONQUERED

PRAYER PAUSE        


Monday, 29 May 2017


I HAVE CONQUERED


Pause. Enter into the stillness of God within.


Reading: “In the world you will have trouble, but be brave; I have conquered the world.” (John 16:29-33).  



Reflection. We are told in Acts 19 that Paul went “overland” to Ephesus. That is a long way round and mostly on foot. It is a glimpse of the energy and courage of Paul and the reading from John gives his secret. “The Father is with me” and I am with you. “be brave.” That enormous confidence is Jesus’ final bequest to his friends and is open to us – if we can overcome that clinging to ourselves that we are so good at! We just like to be in charge of ourselves. We find it so hard to trust. But that is the call - and the gift.


Prayer. Lord, teach us to place our trust in you.  Amen.






























No comments:

Post a Comment