Tuesday 9 May 2017

I, THE LIGHT

PRAYER PAUSE        


Wednesday, 10 May 2017


I, THE LIGHT


Pause. Enter into the stillness of God within.


Reading: “I, the light, have come into the world, so that whoever believes in me need not stay in the dark anymore.” (John 12:44-50).  



Reflection. In John’s gospel there are a number of summaries of the whole gospel. Here is one. Our passage describes the “procession” of the Son from the Father to give light to the world and then return to the Father, with all those who have come into the light. We are all caught up in this process. Some people, where I live, are caught up in another world – of witchcraft and Satanism. It is a world of fear. Jesus has come to shed light on this world. There is a priest in our church here, Bernhard Udelhoven, who has both listened to people troubled with spirits and studied their context in terms of the gospel. He sheds much light I his talks and in his book Unseen Worlds.


Prayer. Lead kindly light amidst the encircling gloom… Amen.






























No comments:

Post a Comment