Wednesday 10 May 2017

THE ONE I SEND

PRAYER PAUSE        


Thursday, 11 May 2017


THE ONE I SEND


Pause. Enter into the stillness of God within.


Reading: “Whoever welcomes the one I send welcomes me, and whoever welcomes me welcomes the one who sent me.” (John 13:16-20).  



Reflection. You can google “Antioch in Pisidia” (Acts 13:13ff) but I do not think you will get much joy looking for Christians there today. Yet they welcome Paul and in welcoming him the words of Jesus in John above apply. Many times in the story of the early Church we see the force, the thrust, of the experience of the resurrection and the coming of the Spirit. Today that thrust is inwards. The Church today, as Pope Francis never tires of telling us, is on a journey inwards to discover “the joy of the gospel” and the power of the message we hold. It is a journey into depth, into discovery, of what it is to be a believer in a world often full of uncertainty and fear. It is a journey of welcome; to the stranger, the one who is different, the one who is rejected.

Prayer. Lord, may we open our hearts to welcome you in others. Amen.






























No comments:

Post a Comment