Tuesday 10 March 2015

WHEN THEY COME TO KNOW

PRAYER MOMENT 


Wednesday 11 March 2015


WHEN THEY COME TO KNOW


Pause. Enter into the stillness of God within.


Reading: “When (the nations) come to know of all these laws they will exclaim; ‘No other people is as wise and prudent as this great nation.’” (Deut 4:5-9)


Reflection. The task of the people of Israel was not simple to glory in their special calling and say, ‘we are number one!’ No, they were given their role in order to give an opening to the entry of God into his creation. They were not there for themselves but for others. And it is the same for us today. Pope Francis never tires of saying, ‘the Church does not exist for itself.’ No, it exists in order to be the salt of the earth, the light of the world. This dimension of my day, that I am here not just for myself, has to colour everything I do. We live in an inward looking age where people are driven by the desire to satisfy their personal needs. That is only OK so long as it does not conflict with the wider plan of God for all people, which I commit myself to in Baptism.

            
Prayer. Lord, teach me what it means to pursue my own goals as part of your great plan for the ‘saving of the nations.’ Amen.
davidharoldbarry@hotmail.com  













No comments:

Post a Comment