Wednesday 11 March 2015

THE WAY I MARK OUT FOR YOU

PRAYER MOMENT 


Thursday 12 March 2015


THE WAY I MARK OUT FOR YOU


Pause. Enter into the stillness of God within.


Reading: “Listen to my voice, then I will be your God and you shall be my people. Follow right to the end the way that I mark out of you, and you will prosper.” (Jeremiah 7:23-28)


Reflection. Our readings today centre on the stubbornness of the people, ‘they will not listen.’ ‘The kingdom of God has overtaken you’ but you turn your back on it. But there is also the contrary theme that if you do follow ‘the way’ – the word used by the early Christians for their new life – you will prosper. The way marked out for each of us is different but it is good to be clear about ‘my way’, how I see my life, my relationships, my work (even if retired) and my personal interior life of prayer from which flows everything I do. What is this way that Jesus has given me? Do I rejoice to follow this way ‘to the end’?    

            
Prayer. Lord, give me confidence in ‘my way’ – the way you show me. Help me to root my life there in you. Amen.
davidharoldbarry@hotmail.com  













No comments:

Post a Comment