Sunday 29 March 2015

THIS IS MY SERVANT

PRAYER MOMENT 


Monday 30 March 2015


THIS IS MY SERVANT


Pause. Enter into the stillness of God within.


Reading: “This is my servant whom I uphold, my chosen one in whom my soul delights. I have endowed him with my spirit that he may bring true justice to the nations.” (Isaiah 42:1-7)


Reflection. The servant in Isaiah, of which we read these three days opening Holy Week, is the one – at last – who will fulfil the plan of God, first in himself, and flowing outward from him, in the whole world. He will be a servant with complete integrity. He will witness to the clear truth in all human relationships and he will show the compassion of God to the suffering. Despite the gloom of Holy Week we have this searing joy that, united with this servant, we can make our contribution, first in ourselves, and then flowing out from us in a multitude of currents that will transform the world.


Prayer. Lord, as we enter Holy Week, fill us with the deep joy and confidence that, united with you in your struggle against evil, we can overcome the dark forces we sense so often. Amen.
davidharoldbarry@hotmail.com  













No comments:

Post a Comment