Wednesday 25 March 2015

BEFORE ABRAHAM WAS I AM

PRAYER MOMENT 


Thursday 26 March 2015


BEFORE ABRAHAM WAS I AM


Pause. Enter into the stillness of God within.


Reading: “You are not fifty yet and you have seen Abraham!” Jesus replied: “I tell you most  solemnly, before Abraham ever was, I am.” (John 8:51-59)


Reflection. There is a small spring in Kalene Hills in NW Zambia which is the source of the Zambezi. It is an image of the faith of Abraham who obeyed when he was told to ‘leave his counry and go to a land I will show you’ and there he was commanded to offer up his only son. The ‘Great River,’ as the Tonga call it, can serve as an image of the faith of all the nations of the earth today. We call him ‘our father in faith’ and he ‘rejoiced to think he would see my Day; he saw it and was glad.’ This mysterious language is a prelude to the great climax: ‘Before Abraham ever was, I am.’ On the eve of Holy Week we have the full revelation of who Jesus is. The Word spoken to Moses in Exodus, ‘I am who I am,’ is now made manifest to all those who share the faith of Abraham


Prayer. Lord, as we approach Holy Week, sharpen our faith in knowing that you are our God who are with us in all our joys and struggles. Amen.
davidharoldbarry@hotmail.com  













No comments:

Post a Comment