Monday 19 August 2013

MY CLAN IS THE WEAKEST

PRAYER MOMENT


Tuesday 20 August 2013


MY CLAN IS THE WEAKEST


Pause. Enter within into your own stillness.


Reading. “My clan is the weakest in Manasseh and I am the least important of my father’s family.” (Judges 6:11-24)


Reflection. At a times of disaster, when the people of Israel are harassed by the Midianites, Gideon is called by God to deliver them. He protests that he is weak and junior in his father’s house but “God chooses those who by human standards are weak to shame the strong” (1 Cor 1:27). We often hear ourselves saying, ‘there is nothing I can do’ and generations have accepted oppression feeling helpless to do anything. Yet he Bible’s message is clear: God is on the side of the weak and He gives power to those who stir themselves to do act trusting in him.


Prayer. Almighty Father, source of energy and life, we often share Gideon’s feeling – who am I? What can I do? Teach us to take courage and trust in you. There is always something that we can do and you bless our few loaves and fishes to abundance. Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment