Saturday 24 August 2013

GREATER THINGS

PRAYER MOMENT


Saturday 24 August 2013


GREATER THINGS


Pause. Enter into the depths of your own stillness


Reading. “You believe just because I said, I saw you under the fig tree. You will see greater things than that.” (John 1:45-51)


Reflection. Nathaniel, aka Bartholomew (Bart) was astonished when Jesus showed he already knew him before he called him. And when he expressed his belief Jesus said the words quoted above to him, “You believe because I said, I saw you under the fig tree. You will see greater things than that.” Traditional physics says that the whole is the sum of its parts. A bicycle is no more than all its parts put together. But quantum physics now says, the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. Nature has an energy that is always building and creating. It is not a machine but a living whole, always evolving. Our Christian faith and our scientific research are no longer hostile to each other. They walk together.    

Prayer. Lord, you are ever active in our world and in my life. I praise you and thank you this day. Lead me to a deep sense of the energy in all things and to see in them your presence and reflection. Amen




No comments:

Post a Comment