Saturday 31 August 2013

FIVE TALENTS

PRAYER MOMENT

Saturday 31 August 2013

FIVE TALENTS

Reading. You have shown you can be faithful in small things, I will trust you with greater.” (Matt 25:14-30)

Reflection. Seamus Haeney, the Irish poet, died yesterday at the same age as I am now. He was an immensely talented artist who wrote a shelf of books and was acclaimed worldwide. For a moment a feeling of envy came over me! But I was able to brush it aside and remember that each of us is given his or her unique talents (gifts) and the challenge is to know them and use them to the full. Today’s reading is the story of the talents and how the one who received less got exactly the same words of congratulations as the one who received more. The beauty of life is where everyone uses what they have to their best ability, straining like an athlete to run their course.


Prayer. Lord, teach me to know, and the thank you for, the gifts you have given me. And help me to use them together with others so that your reign may be seen everywhere on earth as it is in heaven. Amen 

No comments:

Post a Comment