Monday 1 October 2018

THEIR ANGELS.


PRAYER PAUSE


Tuesday 2 October 2018, The Guardian Angels


THEIR ANGELS.


Enter into the stillness of God within.


Reading ”I tell you their angels in heaven are constantlyin the presence of my Father who is in heaven” (Matthew 18:1 ,,,10)


Reflection. In the days bridging September and October we have two feasts of angels: the archangels on the 29th and the Guardian angels on the2nd.  I suspect I am not the only priest who finds it hard to say something helpful on these occasions. A symbol of this occurs to me in that the angels on the wall at either side of the altar in my primary school chapel have, I noticed on a recet visit, flown away. The ancients of the Church spoke of them as messengers of God but how do we make sense of that?  Belief in them is well attested in scripture and the Church has always honoured them.  Perhaps we can simply say our ancestors wanted to be concrete about the constant action of God in our lives, inspiriing and forwarning us and that our guardian angel is the particular way in which Gd loves and guides each oneof us in our particular journey.


Prayer. Lord, may we always be attentive to your voice in our conscience. Amen.
















No comments:

Post a Comment