Sunday 21 October 2018

I WILL PULL DOWN MY BARNS AND BUILD BIGGER ONES


PRAYER PAUSE


Monday 21 October 2018, John Paul II


I WILL PULL DOWN MY BARNS AND BUILD BIGGER ONES


Enter into the stillness of God within.


Reading ”I have not enough room to store my crops. I will pull don my barns and build bigger ones..’” (Luke 12:13-21


Reflection. Is it not astonishing how we sometimes allow wills to break our relationships with one another - especially in families?  A will is disputed and as a result people don’t talk to one another.  Jesus calls it avarice. One can think of softer words like”just claiming what is due to me.”  But it all takes us very far from Jesus other wrods, “Blessed are the poor in spirit,” where he wants us to be free of anything that gets in the way of reelationships. Money, land, houses can do that.  And these desires can sicken the soul and taint our whole life. 


Prayer. Lord, while we may have disputes  among us, may they never be allowed to break down realtinships between us. Amen.
















No comments:

Post a Comment