Thursday 17 May 2018

WHERE YOU WOULD RATHER NOT GO


PRAYER PAUSE


Friday 18 May 2018


WHERE YOU WOULD RATHER NOT GO


Enter into the stillness of God within.


Reading:  “and someone else will put a belt around you and take you where you would rather not go.” (John 21:15-19)



Reflection. We are finishing John’s gospel and we are finishing the Acts.  Easter time is drawing to a close.  Paul, in Acts, is being taken as a prisoner to Rome.  Peter, here, is being told he will be taken where he would rather not go.  Our goal as followers of Jesus is to hand over our life; to place ourselves totally in God’s hands.  I am reading again the last days of John Bradburne of Mutemwa.  Many told him not to go back to Mutemwa after Dr Luisa Guidotti had been shot.  But his answer was aleays the same; “I must go back.  That is where I must be – with the lepers.” And that is where they found him and “put a belt around him” and took him away and killed him. Our civil year ends on December 31 but our year in the Spirit ends now when Easter gives way to Pentecost, when we celebrate the transition from “life in the flesh” to life in the Spirit.   


Prayer. Lord, help us to pray, “Take and receive my life, my liberty. You have given them to me. To you I return them.  All I ask is your love and your grace.  These are enough for me.” Amen 



































No comments:

Post a Comment