Tuesday 29 May 2018

THEY WERE IN A DAZE


PRAYER PAUSE


Wednesday 30 May 2018


THEY WERE IN A DAZE


Enter into the stillness of God within.


Reading:  “They were on the road going to Jerusalem; Jesus was walking on ahead of them; they were in a daze, and those who followed were apprehensve.”  (Mark 10:32-45)



Reflection. Mark is the one writer who gives an insight into the struggles of the disciples. They had reached a turning point. Up to then it had been easy to follow Jesus.  They basked in his fame: they saw the crowds he attracted and the signs he worked,  They were swept up in the euphoria.  But now Jesus is talking about suffering in Jerusalem, of being killed and rising again.  It all made no sense.  We can be “comfortable” in our faith.  We are good Christans. We do what we can.  But then suddenly there is a crisis.  Something happens and it calls us beyond where we are used to being.  We discover our limits, our weakness, our lack of faith and generosity.  And it is not a nice feeling.  I am not so great after all. I am still desperately clinging to the little world I have created for myself.  I am not ready to move forward.  I am in a daze.       


Prayer. Lord, help me to welcome those moments when you call me to grow: to go beyond the comfortable ways I have become used to  Give me generosity, courage and hope.  Amen 





































No comments:

Post a Comment