Tuesday 11 April 2017

UNTOUCHED BY THE INSULTS

PRAYER PAUSE


Wednesday 12 April 2017


UNTOUCHED BY THE INSULTS


Pause. Enter into the stillness of God within.


Reading: “The Lord coms to my help, so that I am untouched by the insults. So, too, I set my face like flint; I know I shall not be shamed.” (Isaiah 50 4-9)



Reflection. The “frame” of Jesus’ life is truth and justice. He speaks and does only what is radically true and his aim is to bring justice to the world. So, despite this being the week of violent opposition leading to his death, he does not waver. They can insult, betray and torture him but he will not flinch from the truth. We can be so hurt by insults. Why? Do we not believe in the triumph of truth?  If our conscience tells us we are doing what is right no insult can touch us. If it does, then we are the ones who have some homework to do. Insults are a golden road to humility.


Prayer. Lord, inspire us with your Spirit, that we do not feel all hurt and upset by insults but can turn them to good use.  Amen.






























No comments:

Post a Comment