Monday 10 April 2017

I HAVE TOILED IN VAIN

PRAYER PAUSE


Tuesday 11 April 2017


I HAVE TOILED IN VAIN


Pause. Enter into the stillness of God within.


Reading: “I was thinking, ‘I have toiled in vain. I have exhausted myself for nothing;’ and all the while my cause was with the Lord.” (Isaiah 49 1-6)



Reflection. The prophet’s words could easily be applied to Jesus in the garden. Here, still in the upper room, he foretells the treachery of Judas and the denials of Peter. And John ominously adds, “Night had fallen.” It was indeed the hour of darkness and we try in these days to enter into the suffering of Jesus and feel the weight and sorrow of his experience.  At times we also feel we have ‘toiled in vain,’ and it is good to know then our ‘cause is always with the Lord.’


Prayer. Lord, help us to be with you in your anguish and suffering. Help us to draw strength from our union with you as you are one with the Father.  Amen.






























No comments:

Post a Comment