Monday 2 May 2016

YOU STILL DO NOT KNOW ME

PRAYER PAUSE


Tuesday 3 May 2016, Philip and James   


YOU STILL DO NOT KNOW ME


Pause. Enter into the stillness of God within.


Reading: “Have I been with you all this time, Philip,” said Jesus to him, “and you still do not know me.” (John 14:6-14)


Reflection. It was a tough answer to Philip who was trying to understand but it shows the gap there is between our confidence and what the reality is. We get to a point where we think we are comfortable in our outlook and beliefs and then we hear something and we are no longer so sure. A friend sent me an account of Dan Berrigan, priest, poet and protestor, who has just died, and in his old age he confessed – when asked about his prayer – that it was blank. He had gone so far but then he reached the darkness of John of the Cross and Teresa of Calcutta.


Prayer. Lord, “I believe; help my unbelief. Amen
































No comments:

Post a Comment