Wednesday 6 January 2016

GOD LOVED US FIRST

PRAYER MOMENT


Thursday 7 January 2016


GOD LOVED US FIRST


Pause. Enter into the stillness of God within.


Reading: “We are to love, then, because God loved us first. Anyone who says “I love God”, and hates his brother is a liar, since anyone who does not love a brother whom he can see cannot love God, whom he has never seen.” (1 John 4: 19 – 5:4)


Reflection. I can pause to reflect how God loves me. I can go through my story: my family, my friends, my teachers and so forth. I can look at my experiences – joyful and painful. In all this I can see the hand of God gently leading me, forming me as his work – like the potter fashioning from the clay. Allowing this thought to deepen within me I can sense the way God has loved me from the beginning. By loving me he has shown me what love is. And it becomes impossible for me not to love others. And discovering love in others I am drawn back to the source of Love.


Prayer. Lord, teach me to know your love for me. May that love flow out into others. Amen.





















No comments:

Post a Comment