Friday 28 June 2013

WHO AM I?

PRAYER MOMENT

Saturday 29 June 2013, feast of SS Peter and Paul

WHO AM I?

Pause. Take a moment to be still.

Reading. “Who do people say the Son of Man is? Who do you say I am?” (Matt 16:13-19)

Reflection. At certain points in his ministry Jesus leads his close followers to a deeper level of relationship with him. Like a football coach he pushes them to greater levels of achievement. For the moment the crowds have wild ideas about him but it is essential that those to whom he would give the mission of proclaiming God’s reign would know who he really is. From knowledge comes love and from love service.

Prayer. Lord, thank you for the great founders of your community, Peter and Paul. Help me too to know you so that I may love you more and so come to serve you in your people. Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment