Thursday 27 June 2013

OF COURSE I WANT TO CURE YOU

PRAYER MOMENT

Friday 28 June 2013

OF COURSE I WANT TO CURE YOU

Pause. Take a moment to be still in the presence of God.

Reading. “If you want to you can cure me … of course I want to! Be cured.” (Matt 8:1-4)

Reflection. The whole thrust of the mission of Jesus is to announce the reign of God. Of course he wants o heal and raise us up. It is St Irenaeus’ feast today and he wrote in about 180, “He who did this is the Word of God, who dwelt in man and became son of man in order to accustom man to receive God and accustom God to dwell in man.”

Prayer. Lord, help me to “grow accustomed” each day to your presence in my life so that I can believe that, “of course” you want to raise all your people and all creation to share your life. Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment