Tuesday 18 June 2013

IN SECRET

PRAYER MOMENT

Wednesday 19 June 2013

IN SECRET

Pause. Be still and enter into your own depths.

Reading. “Be careful not to parade your good deeds. Your left hand must not know what your right is doing.” (Matt 6:1-6, 16-18)    

Reflection. Yesterday I saw billboard for the latest mobile phone announcing: I LIVE IN THE MOMENT. I CONNECT WITH THE WORLD. I drove on wondering, “whose moment? Whose world?” The pressure is on to draw us out of ourselves into a race to conform to the latest fashion “out there.” It is a compulsion that robs me of my inner space, my sense of ownership of who I am and my joy of living in the present.


Prayer. Lord Jesus, you called me to act, pray and give alms in secret. You know how I’d love people to know what a great guy I am. Help me to let go of all that garbage and enter into the joy of my own being where you are. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment