Thursday 20 June 2013

WHAT DO I WANT?

PRAYER MOMENT

WHAT DO I WANT?

Pause. Be still for a moment.

Reading. “Where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.” (Matt 6:19-23)

Reflection. We could also say, where your heart is there also will be your treasure. When Jesus said to his friends, what do you want, what are you looking for, he was probing into their hearts. I watched a video on the Kennedys recently where, on learning of the death of his eldest son in the war the father seems to curse God while the mother calls for prayers. The father was thinking of his own ambitions, the mother of her dead son. What do I really want? .


Prayer. Lord, you know my heart. You know how confused I can be. I want something but I know my motives for wanting it are partly selfish. Teach me to really harmonise my heart with yours so that “your will is done in me as it is in heaven.” Amen.  

No comments:

Post a Comment