Wednesday 26 July 2017

THEY LOOK WITHOUT SEEING

PRAYER PAUSE        


Thursday, 27 July 2017


THEY LOOK WITHOUT SEEING


Pause. Enter into the stillness of God within.


Reading: “The reason I talk to then in parables is that they look without seeing and listen without hearing.” (Matthew 13:10-17)



Reflection. So there are two ways of looking, of hearing. One is to read the text, see the pope on TV, glance at the paper. But then immediately to place all that in a box called ‘religion’ – interesting, like history or archeology, but just another subject which has no impact on my life. I have enough tools to keep me going without adding religion to them. So I pass on. The other way is open my door to the mystery, to let it flood my mind and my heart and to soak in the world that is beyond understanding, beyond “grasping”, beyond anything our modern imagination can come up with. It is something sacred and so Jesus “hides” it from the superficially curious.  


Prayer. Lord Jesus, teach us to reverence the way you reveal yourself to us, sometimes in big bites, sometimes in little nibbles, but always inviting. Amen.
































No comments:

Post a Comment