Friday 21 July 2017

THEY HAVE TAKEN MY LORD AWAY

PRAYER PAUSE        


Saturday, 22 July 2017. Mary of Magdala


THEY HAVE TAKEN MY LORD AWAY 

Pause. Enter into the stillness of God within.


Reading: “Woman, why are you weeping?”  “They have taken my Lord away,” she said, “and I don’t know where they have put him.” (John 20:1 …18)



Reflection. Mary Magdalene has a unique place in the gospels as the one who shows the Christian response of love and gratitude to God for his love and compassion to us. Our first reading today, from the Cantile of Love, “I sought him whom my soul loves … I will rise and go through the city streets and squares and I will seek him,” expresses this longing of the human heart. It is a longing often smothered in other cares and worries. This day gives us a moment to uncover the layers and allow our longing to surface  


Prayer. Lord, Mary was the first joyful messenger of the resurrection. May we share her desire to seek and find you  and share your love with others. Amen.
































No comments:

Post a Comment