Monday 12 June 2017

THROUGH HIM

PRAYER PAUSE        


Tuesday, 13 June 2017, Anthony of Padua


THROUGH HIM


Pause. Enter into the stillness of God within.


Reading: “That is why it is ‘through him’ that we answer ‘Amen’ to the praise of God,”  (1 Cor.1: 18-22).  



Reflection. In our passage from Matthew today (5:13-16) we notice the tense. “You are the salt of the earth; you are the light of the world.” It is not “you will be” once you have become holy or have finished the foramation I am giving you. To know Jesus at all immediately prompts a change in us. To meet him poses a question. The opening chapter in Mark has the word ‘immediately’ eleven times  If you meet Jesus things begin to happen. That was the experience of the first disciples. And it poses a question to us today. Do I allow myself to be met by him? Or do I just rush on with my life, always in control of all that I do?


Prayer. Lord, help us to live “through you” in all things. Amen






























No comments:

Post a Comment