Sunday 22 January 2017

THE FAULTS OF MANY

PRAYER PAUSE


Monday 23 January 2017


THE FAULTS OF MANY


Pause. Enter into the stillness of God within.


Reading: “Christ offers himself only once to take the faults of many on himself.” (Hebrews 9:15, 24-28)



Reflection. When I was small we went as a family to the river and while my father read the paper we boys swam in the fast flowing water. My big brother was delegated to take care of me since I was the smallest. He soon tired of this task and after a while my father looked up from his paper to see me floating off down the river. Well, I am here to tell the tale but it is an example of how we “take the faults” of others on ourselves and do something about it. That is what Jesus did for the whole human family. He “knew what was in us” and noticed the decisions we make and the things we neglect and he took our faults on himself and saves us from our folly.


Prayer. Lord, help us to bear one another’s burdens and move forward together into the light. Amen





























No comments:

Post a Comment