Monday 30 January 2017

IF I CAN ONLY TOUCH

PRAYER PAUSE


Tuesday 31 January 2017, John Bosco


IF I CAN ONLY TOUCH


Pause. Enter into the stillness of God within.


Reading: “If I can just touch his cloths,” she told herself, “I will be well again.” (Mark (5:1-43)



Reflection. This nameless woman draws from within herself the courage to penetrate through the prejudice, the looks, the shame and the indifference of those around her to reach out to Jesus, with this belief in her heart: ‘If I can just touch even his garment, I will be healed. The incident has been pondered for centuries; the reaching out of humanity in all its weakness and insecurity towards the divine. Mystics have called it the breaking through the cloud of unknowing, living in darkness yet at the same time living in light. It is the essence of our journey to God.


Prayer. Lord, help us to reach out to you in our prayer and in one another. Amen.





























No comments:

Post a Comment