Wednesday 20 April 2016

THE ONE I SEND

PRAYER PAUSE


Thursday 21 April 2016, St Anselm   


THE ONE I SEND


Pause. Enter into the stillness of God within.


Reading: “Whoever welcomes the one I send welcome me, and whoever welcomes me welcomes the one who sent me.” (John 13:16-20)


Reflection. Growing up in Ireland I remember a particular year being called the “Year of Welcome.” It had a commercial ring, to attract tourists, but it was also an in-born desire to welcome visitors – something the Irish are good at! To receive someone, to welcome them, is to fulfil a call rooted in scripture – as when Abraham welcomed the three strangers who changed his life. Now Jesus says to welcome “the one” is to welcome him and the Father. Who is the one? He or she is the person who comes into my life at every moment, whether I am delighted to see them or disturbed by them..

Prayer. Lord, teach us to welcome the one who comes – whoever that be. Amen































No comments:

Post a Comment