Monday 25 April 2016

MY PEACE I GIVE YOU

PRAYER PAUSE


Tuesday 26 April 2016   


MY PEACE I GIVE YOU


Pause. Enter into the stillness of God within.


Reading: “Peace I bequeath to you, my own peace I give you, a peace the world cannot give, this is my gift to you.” (John 14:27-31)


Reflection. When Pedro Arrupe, later Superior General of the Jesuits, emerged from a month’s solitary confinement in Japan during the war, he said to his guards, “Thank you very much!” They were utterly astonished and had no idea what he meant. The world does not give the sort of peace Arrupe enjoyed during those weeks. It happens on another level. It is the breaking through of a perspective of life foreign to what is raw and immediate. We are offered more than that and while we long for the peace that Jesus gives we want others to have it also.


Prayer. Jesus, may we know the peace that only you can give. Amen
































No comments:

Post a Comment