Thursday 22 October 2015

WHO WILL RESCUE ME?

PRAYER MOMENT


Friday 23 October 2015


WHO WILL RESCUE ME?


Pause. Enter into the stillness of God within.


Reading: “What a wretched person I am! Who will rescue me from this body doomed to death?” (Romans 7:18-25)


Reflection. Paul now states the great dilemma. I know what the right thing to do is. But I find that I just don’t do it.. I am perfectly aware that the choices I make are not the best. But I cannot bring myself to change my way of behaving. I find myself powerless. Paul calls it the “slavery to sin.” Then the grace of God, the life of God, comes to me through Jesus and changes everything. I experience a new creation in myself, a new power to face the world and the evil that confronts me so persistently. This is the gift of God brought to us by Jesus and Paul will now rejoice from chapter eight onwards.


Prayer. Lord, help us to rejoice in the new life you give us. Help us to live this life in all the circumstances of our day. Amen.




















No comments:

Post a Comment