Sunday 25 October 2015

MOVED BY THE SPIRIT

PRAYER MOMENT (For the next eight days I will be out of internet range)


Monday 26 October 2015


MOVED BY THE SPIRIT


Pause. Enter into the stillness of God within.


Reading: “Everyone moved by the Spirit is a child of God. The spirit you received is not the spirit of slaves bringing fear into your lives again; it is the spirit of sons and makes us cry out, ‘Abba, Father!’” (Romans 8:12-17)


Reflection. “Moved!” That is a beautiful word. What moves me? What gets me out of bed in the morning and propels me through the day? What draws me to make the choices I make and brings happiness or woe? Paul celebrates the gift we receive from God; a gift that banishes fear and leads us into peace. Even if it means “sharing his sufferings” it will also mean “sharing his glory.”


Prayer. Lord, we thank you for the gift of your Spirit, moving us at every moment. Help us to be attentive. Amen.




















No comments:

Post a Comment