Tuesday 19 May 2015

YOU WILL NEVER SEE ME AGAIN

PRAYER MOMENT 


Tuesday 19 May 2015


YOU WILL NEVER SEE ME AGAIN


Pause. Enter into the stillness of God within.


Reading: “I now feel sure that none of you among whom I have gone about proclaiming the kingdom will ever see my face again.” (Acts 20:17-27)


Reflection. Have you noticed that the last days of the church’s year in November speak of the end of the world while the last days before Pentecost speak of the beginning of the Church? There is a finality about them which is very much a beginning. There is a nervous handover feel about them. “I have finished my work. Now it is your turn!” It is a little scary but it is the moment everyone longs for: my first day at work, my being placed in charge, my own home, my own decisions. The diciples were sad to see Jesus go but they also rejoiced as their new dignity sank in. The elders at Miletus had tears in their eyes at Paul’s words but they went back to take responsibility for their church.  

   
Prayer. Lord, let us see thse last days of Easter as a spring board that renews us for our tasks. Send your Holy Spirit to guide our imagination and courage into fruitful paths. Amen.
davidharoldbarry@hotmail.com  















No comments:

Post a Comment