Sunday 17 May 2015

I AM NOT ALONE

PRAYER MOMENT 


Monday 18 May 2015


I AM NOT ALONE


Pause. Enter into the stillness of God within.


Reading: “Listen, the time will come – in fact it has come already, when you will be scattered, each going his own way and leaving me alone. Yet I am not alone, because the Father is with me. I have told you all this so that you may find peace in me.”(John 16:29-33)


Reflection. Sometimes a person can be stretched to the limit. They are in prison or they are imprisoned in an illness that is painful, debilitating, isolating and desolating. Jesus drank the cup of hiuman suffering and found himself alone when all those closest to him left him and fled. He now tells his discuples in his farewell talk that even in his lowest moment he is not alone. The Father is with him in the Spirit and it is central to our faith that we - not only know this in our head but grasp in our heart – that the Spirit of Jesus is with us always, whatever our circumstances.. How far away this realisation is from gangs fightinmg and killing one another and governments letting poor people drift helplessly in the sea.  

   
Prayer. Lord, in this week before Pentecost help us to know, deep down that your Spirit is with us always. Amen.
davidharoldbarry@hotmail.com  















No comments:

Post a Comment