Monday 11 May 2015

UNLESS I GO

PRAYER MOMENT 


Tuesday 12 May 2015


UNLESS I GO


Pause. Enter into the stillness of God within.


Reading: “Still, I must tell you the truth: it is for your own good that I am going because unless I go, the Advocate will not come to you; but if I do go I will send him to you.” (John 16:5-11)


Reflection. The disciples were “sad at heart” when Jesus said he was going just as a child might be sad at heart when delivered to their first school by their parents. Jesus was saying to them, “now you are on your own. It is up to you.” There is a fear and a thrill when we come into a moment of responsibility. This is my work, my marriage, my house. Now it is up to me. We long for, and perhaps also dread, this passage from dependency to independence. Yet we know that is what growth is all about. And here we have the promise of the Soirit to be with us all the way.


Prayer. Lord, may we sieze the moments of responsibility you give us, full of hope that you are with us and delight in our efforts. Amen.
davidharoldbarry@hotmail.com  















No comments:

Post a Comment