Friday 25 October 2013

THE BREAKTHROUGH

PRAYER MOMENT


Saturday, 26 October 2013


THE BREAKTHROUGH


Pause.  Quieten all thoughts and be still in the presence of God.


Reading. “Your interests, however, are not in the unspiritual, but n the spiritual, since the Spirit of God has made his home in you.” (Romans 8:1-11)


Reflection. Read these eleven verses, sentence by sentence. It is Saturday. Hopefully you have the time! It is the great breakthrough. We know about breakthroughs. You plough through school. You go to university or do a course. And then you wait. Will I get a job? Where? What sort? And then it comes and you are off on your way. (At least, it sometimes works like that!) Paul says the whole human race was at school. We were under school rules (the law of Moses) but they did us little good as they led nowhere except to make us frustrated. But they were the best that could be done at the time. And now the breakthrough! And how Paul celebrates! He can hardly find words to express his joy. Chapter 8 is one long explosion of triumph. A victory party. We’ve made it! The life of a Christian is one of sustained deep joy no matter what the trials that come.


Prayer. Lord, I rejoice in the new life you give me in the Spirit who dwells within me. Teach me to treasure and rejoice in this gift. Help me face any challenges because you are now my strength and my joy. Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment