Thursday 12 September 2013

LISTEN!

PRAYER MOMENT


Friday 13 September 2013


LISTEN!


Pause. In our families, is there a moment when we can take ten minutes amidst the cooking and eating in the evening, the TV and the home work, when we can gather and be still in the presence of our God?


Reading. “Imagine a sower going out to sow.” (Mark 4:1-9)


Reflection. Nazareth was a small town, hardly more than a village. There would have been much contact with the rural area in which it was situated and Jesus, as a child, would have observed farmers at work. He often saw how they sowed and where the grain fell. So he develops this picture of the sower to teach us. Sometimes I am distracted and do not notice important events happening around me; sometimes I am hard and obstinate like rock and refuse to listen; sometimes I am  overwhelmed by worries and cares and become impatient and irritable; and sometimes I am at peace and attentive to the Lord.


Prayer. Lord Jesus, teach me not to lose heart in my changing moods. Help me to be rooted in you, so that when I am distracted or fail to listen or feel overwhelmed and irritated  I will not lose heart. Teach m to trust that you are always there and peace will return. Amen



No comments:

Post a Comment