Saturday 18 May 2013

Stay till I come


PRAYER MOMENT

Saturday 17 May 2013

Pause. Be still. Your life is a gift. Whether you are sick or well, rich or poor, in prison or out of it, you are alive. Give thanks.

Reading. “If I want him to stay behind till I come, what does it matter to you? You are to follow me.” (John 21:20-25)

Reflection. You worry, perhaps, about many things: family, relationships, work, health and the like? These are all important but you can do nothing about them by worrying. Once you have done what you can in such matters, leave them be. Open your door to life as it is now. Go deeper than your worries. Rejoice in your being. Trust life. All will be well.

Prayer.  Thank you for the gift of life. Thank you for the people I know, who are part of my life. Thank you too for all the people alive, rich and poor, young and old, healthy and sick, near and far. Help me to trust life. Help me to engage in the world with all my heart, intelligence and strength. But let me not worry too much about success or failure, fame or misunderstanding, comfort or hardship. Grant me a peaceful heart. 

No comments:

Post a Comment