Friday 31 May 2013

By what authority..

PRAYER MOMENT
Saturday 1 June 2013

BY WHAT AUTHORITY

Pause. Be in touch with the stillness within you.

Reading. “What authority have you for acting like this? Or who gave you authority to do these things? “ (Mark 1:27-33)          

Reflection. The Jewish leaders ask these questions not because they genuinely are seeking to know Jesus but because they have developed a mind-set that wants to trap him. They have already decided to reject him and his message and they use their energy on trying to destroy his influence.   


Prayer. I consider I am one of yours, Lord, but I guess there are many times when I jump to conclusions that are out of step with you. Teach me a calm openness to your coming in the people and events of my day. Amen..

No comments:

Post a Comment