Monday 25 June 2018

ENTER BY THE NARROW GATE


PRAYER PAUSE (I missed yesterday as I was on the move. And I will be on the move for quite a bit now,so may miss days from time to time!)


Tuesday 26 June 2018


ENTER BY THE NARROW GATE


Enter into the stillness of God within.


Reading:  “Enter by the narrow gate, since the way that leads to perdition is wide and spacious, and many take it; but it is a narrow gate and a hard road that leads to life, and only a few find it.” (Matthew 7:6, 12-14)



Reflection. This seems a hard saying of Jesus but we remind ourselves that he is demanding because he wants us to stretch to the limit and rejoice in life to the full.  We know the pressures to conform to a grey way of living that is neither black nor white – a way that shields us from life’s demands.  “I don’t want any trouble.”  Fear, fashion and peer pressure exert much influence on us.  But there are interioer pressures too that make me avoid the challenge of choosing and doing what I could do and maybe others can’t.  But I opt for a comfortable life.  This is crippling.  Artists, athletes and saints remind us of the duty we have to stretch to the imit; never to be satisfied. Yes, it is a hard saying.


Prayer. Lord, teach me to be generous and go beyond conformity to the ways of our age. Amen 





































No comments:

Post a Comment