Sunday 1 October 2017

AN ANGEL TO GUARD YOU

PRAYER PAUSE  


Monday 2 October 2017, Guardian Angels


AN ANGEL TO GUARD YOU


Pause. Enter into the stillness of God within.


Reading: The Lord says this: “I myself will send an angel before you to guard you as you go and bring you to the place I have prepared.” (Exodus 239:20-23)



Reflection. The late Algy Shearburn, an English Jesuit, when weighing up a proposal had a way of saying, “I wonder what Wilfred would say”. “Who is Wilfred?’ I once asked. “Oh! He is my guardian angel,” Algy would say without a trace of implying he was saying anything unusual. Algy, it seemed, took Exodus seriously. Whatever our thoughts on angels at least we can say that God has his way of caring for us, one by one, as we continue on our way to our final home with him.  


Prayer. Lord, we thank you for the good spirits you send to direct our ways in everything. Help us to listen. Amen.
































No comments:

Post a Comment