Thursday 23 March 2017

I WILL FALL LIKE DEW

PRAYER PAUSE


Friday 24 March 2017


I WILL FALL LIKE DEW


Pause. Enter into the stillness of God within.


Reading: “I will love them with all my heart, for my anger has turned from them. I will fall like dew on Israel.” (Hos 14:2-10)



Reflection. In lands far from the equator, a farmer going out to his fields in the morning will often find them covered in a light sparkling layer of damp. This dew appears silently in the night and Hosea uses it as a metaphor for God’s healing way with the nations. You do not notice but he is at work transforming hearts and structures. Jesus used another image – leaven – but again its work is silent and hidden. We must believe that God is transforming our world and bringing about his kingdom, his reign, where justice and peace will flourish. And he is at work in each of us and we hardly notice it. Yet we can trust that it is happening and rejoice.


Prayer. Lord, help us to believe in your transforming presence in our lives and let us rejoice. Amen.






























No comments:

Post a Comment