Monday 6 March 2017

DOES NOT RETURN EMPTY


PRAYER PAUSE


Tuesday 7 March 2017


DOES NOT RETURN EMPTY


Pause. Enter into the stillness of God within.


Reading: “The word that goes from my mouth does not return to me empty, without carrying out my will and succeeding in what it was sent to do.” (Isaiah 55:10-11)



Reflection. This is a companion piece to the gospel where Matthew gives us the Our Father. It is amazing and consoling. We pray, “Your kingdom come, your will be done.” This is not some wish we have but Isaiah tells us there is a certainty that God’s purpose will be achieved. I just got disappointing news yesterday but if I take this text to heart it tells me not to lose heart. God’s purpose will be fulfilled. We have setbacks, delays and frustrations, but if we can just hold steady to our purpose we will get there.


Prayer. Our Father, who are in heaven, hallowed be your name, your kingdom come, your will be done on earth. Amen.





























No comments:

Post a Comment